Do you live in the New Richmond, OH area and need to hire a contractor for Heating and Cooling? Here is a helpful list of questions to ask and factors which you should consider. Read this list before you invest your hard earned money!
HVAC Contractor Checklist
- Is the company a state licensed contractor? If so, then what is their certification number?
- You should ask to see a current liability insurance certificate. This should show the company name, as well as coverage offered. $1,000,000 is the Ohio state minimum coverage.
- Do they have a landline phone for business? All white and yellow page listed companies will, since this indicates an actual place of business, and not just guys working out of a van or truck!
- Any and all reputable contractors will logo their vehicles and themselves, as well as providing their employees with uniforms.
- A homeowner should never make a check payable to the individual’s name. This is a sign that the company could be bypassing the tax system. Therefore, they are reaping more income than those of us business who follow the rules.
- Ask whether or not the company can perform a CFM test on your system. This test will accurately show what the system is actually doing in air flow capacity. Very few technicians have a clue how to perform this test properly.
- Which system or systems do they have in their home, and why?
- Regarding heat pumps, what does COP mean? Also, what does HSPF mean?
- If you have a gas or oil systems, then what does AFUE mean? Have them explain why they are important.
- We must register all newly installed equipment online, per all brands’ requirements. Sam the Furnace Man will make sure yours will be in three days or less after installation.
I want your business, but want to earn it with honesty, integrity, and skill level. Choosing Air One Heating and Cooling is the right choice! Contact me today!