Did you know that the comfort system in your home changes drastically from one season to another? These changes are comprised of both usage and consumption of energy. Here are ten facts to keep in mind with the impending change in season that is coming up.
Keep these fun facts in mind during any change in season!
- The average temperature of air coming out of your registers in summer months varies from 56 to 62 degrees. This variance depends on your system’s load factors. Fall and Winter heating temperatures can run as high as 130 degrees.
- The volume of air running through duct work greatly decreases when transitioning from cooling to heating.
- Your home’s heating bills can very easily double the amounts of your cooling bills.
- Gas and oil furnaces, as well as boilers, can put out potentially life threatening carbon monoxide. However, no electric systems can.
- It is not normal to smell anything from an active heating system while it is currently in use! If you smell something, you need to call a professional.
- Digital thermostats are extremely accurate and will save you big money on your HVAC bills.
- You should never program a heat pump system while it is in the heating mode.
- There is a vast difference between contractors’ skills. If you shop only with the price in mind, you will usually get what you paid for. Therefore, you will probably end up paying that “bargain” price again and again.
- Your air filter’s directional arrow should always stay facing the system’s blower.
- When in doubt, call us! Have Sam the Furnace Man check it out!
Contact us today and set an appointment at your convenience. We will be there to ensure the safety and reliability of your home’s HVAC system, no matter what the season may be!