Are you shocked by increases in your utility bills? Then call Sam the Furnace Man today to save money on your home’s energy costs!
You may not be aware of it, but a big change in your utility bills has been underway for a while now. It is probably not shocking to hear that it is not for the better! Did you know that over 50% of your utility bill is spent on the comfort system of your home? Many of the local power plants that use coal as their fuel source have been closing down, one by one. The utility suppliers use this fact as an excuse to call for more price increases. Now, look at your bill closely, and you will definitely see the effects. Even sub providers used as competition have folded on lower pricing, as advances in technology have enhanced all of our electronics, cars, and home comfort systems. Sadly, the utility suppliers have seen very little advancement, and the cost to upgrade is immense for them.
Lower your utility bills! Get a thorough comfort system inspection.
So what can you do then? First, have your comfort system serviced and thoroughly cleaned. Second, make sure you do not cover or close off the registers. When you do this, it causes added stress to the system. Thus, the furnace’s temperature begins to rise. This results in poor system performance, as well as puts a major strain your home’s heating unit.
Finally, we strongly recommend that you have your home comfort system evaluated. We have decades of experience inspecting home comfort systems, thus finding ways for homeowners to save energy and money.
Wouldn’t you say that over 50% is a big chunk of your monthly bills? Let Sam the Furnace Man show you real comfort and savings today!
Don’t fall victim to a scam! Get HVAC service from the pros you can trust!
It is getting all too familiar that i am called out for a second opinion on another HVAC service provider. Initially they there for annual maintenance. Usually I find that some mysterious, potentially dangerous problem has arisen out of the heating system. The system was just fine before they arrived, and now a large bill looms with no heat in the home!
The scam is to throw enough truth in with a lie to use fear or worry into selling you a new system. Here is how it works.
HVAC service scam explained
The tech comes out with a camera or a similar visual aid, and also a carbon monoxide tester. He or she sees what they call a crack, rust hole, or some other anomaly. They then test your exhaust pipe or flue for high carbon monoxide readings and tells you that an unsafe condition is going on. Now you have two choices: upgrade your home comfort unit, or get a second opinion! Get that second opinion from me!
More often than not, their report is incorrect. Many large service providers give incentives for sales to their techs. Some give bonuses for replacing parts that aren’t even broken. Rather, they claim the parts test weak or are failing. It is a business ploy that has now started to go mainstream thanks to TV news exposés over the years.
Lastly, call out Sam the Furnace Man. If I find the same condition, I will not charge you a service call or diagnostic fee if you purchased the unit from us. Also, we will give you one more year of free labor in that event! That’s what I call a win-win situation! Call us today at (513)-553-4212 or contact us via email.
Did you know that the comfort system in your home changes drastically from one season to another? These changes are comprised of both usage and consumption of energy. Here are ten facts to keep in mind with the impending change in season that is coming up.
Keep these fun facts in mind during any change in season!
- The average temperature of air coming out of your registers in summer months varies from 56 to 62 degrees. This variance depends on your system’s load factors. Fall and Winter heating temperatures can run as high as 130 degrees.
- The volume of air running through duct work greatly decreases when transitioning from cooling to heating.
- Your home’s heating bills can very easily double the amounts of your cooling bills.
- Gas and oil furnaces, as well as boilers, can put out potentially life threatening carbon monoxide. However, no electric systems can.
- It is not normal to smell anything from an active heating system while it is currently in use! If you smell something, you need to call a professional.
- Digital thermostats are extremely accurate and will save you big money on your HVAC bills.
- You should never program a heat pump system while it is in the heating mode.
- There is a vast difference between contractors’ skills. If you shop only with the price in mind, you will usually get what you paid for. Therefore, you will probably end up paying that “bargain” price again and again.
- Your air filter’s directional arrow should always stay facing the system’s blower.
- When in doubt, call us! Have Sam the Furnace Man check it out!
Contact us today and set an appointment at your convenience. We will be there to ensure the safety and reliability of your home’s HVAC system, no matter what the season may be!